Terms and Conditions
The following terms govern your use of and purchase of products from our website. Your use of our website constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by those terms stated. Jiji may from time to time change the terms that govern your use of our website. Your use of our website following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. We may change, move or delete portions of, or may add to, our website from time to time, without prior notice.
"We/us" means Jiji, the seller of the goods.
"You" means the customer acting as a consumer.
"Courier" means any such fulfillment courier as we may choose to use.
"Delivery date" means the date specified by us, the seller, when the goods are to be delivered, however time is not of the essence of this contract.
"Goods" means the items which you agree to buy from us, the seller.
Free delivery on qualifying orders is only applicable to purchases that are made in a single invoice, to a single address in one trip, unless otherwise stated.
In the event that a single order has to be split into various delivery dates/locations/timings due to special requests and/or selection of delivery dates within the stated delivery lead-time period, additional logistics charges will apply at the discretion of Jiji, or at the discretion of any of our affiliated sellers and fulfilment agents that will be delivering your order.
There is no installation charges, unless otherwise stated.
Free delivery on qualifying orders is only applicable within Singapore mainland. Additional delivery charges may be incurred at the discretion of Jiji should the deliveries be chosen to occur outside of our normal operating hours. A surcharge of S$30 in addition to the delivery charges already incurred will be applicable for deliveries to Sentosa Island. We do not deliver to Jurong Island.
In the event that the goods cannot be delivered on your preferred delivery date and/or time-slot due to reasons such as lack of stock from suppliers or scheduling difficulties, you will be notified the soonest possible. Jiji reserves the right to amend the delivery timings or to substitute the original item to a similar product of higher or equal value should such circumstances arise.
To qualify for free delivery, your delivery location must be accessible via elevator (i.e. on the same storey as lift landing) or must be on the same floor as the goods loading/unloading area. If the delivery crew is unable to send furniture to your location via the elevator at the point of delivery (eg. Furniture is unable to fit into elevator, elevator unserviceable upon delivery crew's arrival, refusal of elevator access by building management etc) we will assess (at our own discretion) the feasibility of the furniture being carried up via the staircase in a non-hazardous manner. If the process is deemed hazardous, (e.g furniture or infrastructure prone to damage on narrow stairway, obstruction of passageway), In the event that delivery is deemed unfeasible, Jiji reserves the right to cancel the delivery. Upon cancellation, a refund of any of your prior payments for that delivery will be made by cheque within two weeks from the initial delivery date.
Should delivery via staircase be deemed safe, additional charges per item will be as follows: First non lift-accessible storey free of charge (e.g. staircase delivery from ground floor to level two is free) + $8 per item transported to a subsequent non lift-accessible storey (i.e. staircase delivery of a wardrobe and a kettle to the 4th non-lift accessible storey (e.g. Level 5 of a shophouse etc) will cost an additional $48 [(1 X 2 X 0) + (3 X 2 X $8) = $48].
Delivery Dates and Timing
The delivery time frame that you select online is only tentative. We request for your preference in delivery time frame to plan the delivery route, so the goods can be delivered at your convenience as a value-added service. You will be informed of the estimated delivery time frame the day before the scheduled delivery if we are unable to keep to your preferred time frame. If you do not receive any phone calls from us, it means that the delivery is scheduled to happen within your preferred time frame.
You will be contacted again an hour before delivery by the delivery team to confirm your presence at the delivery location and to notify you of our impending arrival. While the delivery team will try its utmost to deliver within the selected time frame, there are many external factors which can cause delays. Furniture is large and heavy and the delivery team may face difficulties in moving goods up narrow stairways. Traffic, vehicle and weather conditions will also affect the delivery time, as we want you to receive your order in the best condition possible. Customers who are not present upon our arrival also cause delays that can stretch for hours and hold up all the following deliveries.
Like all other orders, 'Next Day Deliveries' are purely tentative and subject to confirmation on planning the delivery schedule. If the delivery schedule is full for the next day, you will not be able to select it as the date of delivery. 'Next Day Delivery' is only stated because we carry stock for that particular piece.
We earnestly urge all to be present during the stipulated delivery time to be considerate to all other customers and seek your understanding when it comes to delivery timings.
Jiji reserves the right to change the delivery date and time should any unforeseen circumstances arise in the midst of delivery. While we endeavour to adhere to scheduled delivery timings and warrant to act within our means to notify you the soonest possible of any delays or difficulties, you acknowledge that you will, at no point in time, hold Jiji liable for any inconvenience, losses, damages, injury, charges, expenses and/or deaths that may arise from any delayed, postponed, incomplete or unfulfilled deliveries, to the extent permitted by Law.
Delivery Of Multiple Items
Most of our products are delivered directly from the manufacturers' factories to reduce our overheads, so that we may pass on these cash savings to you with lower prices. If you have ordered more than one item, you may receive the items separately, and at different delivery times, though in most cases, we will arrange for all the items to be delivered in one truck.
Clearance Items/1 SET OFFER
There will be strictly no returns, refunds, exchanges or warranties for items which are under clearance or '1 SET OFFER', unless otherwise stated. The product descriptions of clearance items and '1 SET OFFER's will clearly state their defects (if any). A compulsory, non-refundable delivery charge of S$30 is applicable should you reject or cancel the order of a clearance item or '1 SET OFFER' upon delivery.
Changing of Delivery Dates
Changes in delivery date should be made via phone call to 6747 4789 / email@example.com at least 48 hours before the stipulated delivery timing.
Changing of Items
Any changes to items in the order should be done via phone call to 6747 4789 / firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48 hours before delivery.
Cancellation of order should be done via phone call to 6747 4789 / email@example.com at least 48 hours before delivery.
We advise our customers to inspect the furniture carefully for damages before making payment. Though rare, there is a possibility of manufacturing defects or even furniture being damaged during transportation. Should you detect any damage or defect e.g knocks, dent or cracks, inform us immediately at 6747 4789 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to reject the merchandise upon delivery at no cost or schedule for an exchange, except for clearance items.
In rare cases where the merchandise displays minor scratches and dents, the merchandise will be touched up, repaired or replaced at the discretion of Jiji.
You also have the right to reject the merchandise immediately if the piece delivered is different from that depicted in the product description or picture you saw online.
Jiji. reserves the right to void the warranty of a merchandise within its warranty period should the product be found to have been subjected to adverse conditions, not exclusively or limited to conditions such as bad weather, abuse, or placement of the merchandise in publicly accessible locations that causes the merchandise to be subjected to damage, intentional or otherwise.
Merchandise can be exchanged for products which are of the same or greater price value within 7 days of purchase. Merchandise for exchange should be strictly unused, no damage, in resalable condition and with original packaging/ plastic cover intact to be eligible for exchange. A restocking fee of S$30 will be imposed. Should the customer choose to exchange the existing merchandise for a another model bearing a higher price, the customer will be required to top-up the difference in price.
We accept returns for all non-customised, non-clearance items. Simply bring the merchandise back to us within 7 days of purchase for a full refund. Merchandise should be unused, undamaged, in a resalable condition and with its original packaging fully intact. Jiji has the full discretion to decide whether any item is in a condition suitable for return and reserves the right to reject any returns if they are deemed unfit for return.
If you are unable to bring back the merchandise due size or inconvenience, transportation can be arranged to bring the item(s) back to our warehouse. Restocking Fees are at $50 per item. If you wish to have us transport your Bedroom Sets or Wardrobes back to our warehouse, the Restocking Fee will be $100 per item.
Limitation of Liability
Jiji shall not be liable for any loss of income, loss of profits, loss of contracts, loss of data or for any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and excludes any liability from us for any personal injury or death caused by our negligence, to the extent permitted by Law.
Proof of Purchase
Upon successful placement of order, an order acknowledgment containing the invoice will be sent to the email address that you have provided in the online order form. We advise you to keep the email or print the invoice out, as these are your receipts and proofs of purchase. You will also receive a hard copy of the invoice upon delivery and will be required to endorse on the invoice after merchandise has been received in good condition.
1. You understand and accept that all information, data, text, photographs, graphics, audio, video, message, coding or other material appearing on this website, collectively referred to as “Web Content”, are owned by Jiji. You may not, without prior Jiji’s written permission, copy or extract any material, such as design, graphics and coding contained on our website or any other server.
2. You understand and accept that Jiji expressly prohibits the use of any of our Web Content. Unless otherwise stated, none of our Web Content may be reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or copied in any form or by any means, without the prior written permission of Jiji. In addition, none of our Web Content should be used for resale purposes on other websites including, but not limited to, Livejournal, Blogspot, MySpace, Xanga, Wordpress, Typepad and Spree websites without prior written permission of Jiji. Permission is however granted to display, copy and download our Web Content for non-commercial, personal use PROVIDED that you make NO modifications to the materials and that ALL copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials are retained. You should also credit the materials to Jiji by stating “Jiji” AND “jiji.sg” in prominent places.
3. All permission granted herein, however, will be terminated automatically without notice should you breach any of the above terms. Upon such termination, you agree immediately destroy any downloaded and/or printed materials. Any unauthorized use of any Web Content may violate any domestic and/or international copyright laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
By using this website, you consent to us:
1. Passing your delivery address and telephone number to our courier in case they need to contact you directly if there is a problem with your delivery.
2. Contacting you by email or telephone in relation to you having placed an order or made an enquiry.
1. Credit card and debit card details are checked and verified by a third party. To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases.
2. By accepting these terms and conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency, which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
3. We may use information concerning you for payment recovery or to investigate any possible fraud in the event that credit or debit card payments have been used in a fraudulent manner.
Terms of Sale
The terms of sale shall apply to all contracts for the purchase of goods by you from us, the seller, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions which you may purport to apply under any sales offer or purchase order. These terms of sale supersede all previous agreements and understandings between the parties. Any amendment to the terms of sale will only be effective if signed by a director of Jiji.
Jiji are committed to providing you with terms of sale, which are easy to understand and which are fair to you.
Placing an Order
All orders are subjected to acceptance and availability.
1. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorised user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. Once you have placed an order with us, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail acknowledging receipt of your order. This email is NOT an acceptance of your order, just a confirmation that we have received it.
2. A contract between you and Jiji will not be formed until we send you a further email confirming that your order has been accepted and your goods have been dispatched. Only those goods listed in the dispatch confirmation e-mail will be included in the contract formed.
3. We reserve the right not to accept your order in the event that the item ordered is out of stock or does not satisfy our quality control standards and is withdrawn.
Cancelling an Order
You may cancel an order at any time up until the point of when the goods are being dispatched, after which you will need to return the items to us, in order to receive a refund. Please refer to our Returns and Exchanges Policy for further details. To cancel an order you must contact our Support team at email@example.com
On placing an order for a pre-order item, we will email you with an anticipated delivery date; however this may be subjected to change due to circumstances out of our control. We will endeavour to deliver any items, which have been pre-ordered as soon as they become available from manufacture. Delivery will take 7-14 working days from payment verification. We will keep you updated on any changes to the delivery. Our standard Returns and Exchanges Policy will apply.
Jiji does not trade via eBay or any other auction website. We are not able to verify the authenticity or quality of any item sold on such a site under the Jiji brand name.
Intellectual Property, Software and Content
The intellectual property rights of all software and content made available to you on or through this Website remains the property of Jiji and its licensors and are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved by Jiji and its licensors.
Jiji does not claim to own the rights to the images, trademarks and intellectual property of our licensors and the respective third-parties that are featured on this Website. All rights of these images, trademarks and intellectual property belong to their respective owners and not to Jiji.
You are permitted to store, print and display the content supplied purely for your personal use. You may not publish, manipulate, distribute or reproduce, in any format, any of the content or copies of the content supplied to you or which appears on this Website, nor may you use any such content in connection with any business or commercial enterprise.
You are prohibited from modifying, translating, reverse engineering, decompiling, disassembling or creating derivative works based on any software or accompanying documentation supplied by Jiji or its licensors.
The Jiji logo and website design are registered trademarks of Jiji No licence or consent is granted to you to use these marks in any way, and you agree not to use these marks or any marks which are colourably similar without the written permission of Jiji.
Any infringement of the intellectual property rights of any party on this site will be reported to the relevant authorities upon discovery.